Making of Champions Ltd is Nigeria’s leading Sports Media & Management Company whose mission it is to ignite a revival in Athletics in Nigeria, a sport that has brought Nigeria 13 of the 24 Olympic Medals our great Nation has won in history.
Making of Champions has become a beacon of hope in Nigerian Athletics. We have impacted Track & Field in Nigeria through our various projects to realise the vision we have that Nigeria can be among the Top 3 Nations in Track & Field globally over the next 5 years.
For the past 4 years, Making of Champions’ Media team has done plenty of work to promote the sport of Athletics in Nigeria. Indeed, thanks to the photos, videos & stories published by MoC Media since 2013, Nigerians all over the world have been able to follow the news from our National Teams at the Olympics, World Championships, Commonwealth Games & many other international competitions.
Over 3 million viewers around the world have watched and read MoC’s Athletics videos and stories to date. Today, MoC is looking to add a Junior Sports Writer to our media team comprising of sports writers, photographers, videographers, and social media strategists, who travel across Nigeria and the world to promote Nigerian Athletics globally.
We’re looking for a highly driven person who is looking to forge an exciting career as a sports journalist in Nigeria!
- – Write and publish stories and articles for Making of Champions website
- – Perform extensive research to aid in the creation of website content
- – Conduct interviews with athletes and coaches to create written, audio or video content
- – Attend and cover Domestic Athletics meets that feature Team Nigeria and MoC Athletes, including LIVE Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates at these events
- – Ability to cover other sports outside of Athletics, particularly Football
- – Report to Senior Sports Writer and attend daily editorial meetings
- – Based in Lagos full-time with plenty of travel within Nigeria to cover domestic meets, and some travel within Africa for continental competitions within 2-3 years!
- – 1 – 2 years Journalism or Sports Journalism experience, or recent graduate in either field
- – Bachelor’s Degree in any field. If no prior full-time work experience, then Journalism degree an advantage
- – If no Journalism degree or full-time experience, has displayed a clear flair and interest in writing and journalism through hobbies, club memberships at university or an existing blog
- – Maintains excellent writing and language skills and displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, audio and video format.
- – Enjoys a working knowledge of the sports blogs and websites in Nigeria and Africa
- – Deep knowledge of Nigerian Athletics and strong interest in World Athletics are advantages
- – Prior experience with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) a plus
Compensation & Other Benefits
- – Full or Part-time salary negotiable (based on experience)
- – All expenses paid trips to cover National Competitions. E.g. in 2017,
- o AFN Golden League and other AFN-organised events
- o National Trials
Application & Deadline
- – Send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected], with ‘MoC Junior Sports Writer’ as email subject! The application deadline is Monday June 12th 2017
- – Interviews will take place throughout June 2017 in Lagos