Making of Champions Ltd is Nigeria’s leading Sports Media & Management Company whose mission it is to ignite a revival in Athletics in Nigeria, a sport that has brought Nigeria 13 of the 25 Olympic Medals our great Nation has won in history.
MoC has become a beacon of hope in Nigerian Athletics. We have impacted Track & Field in Nigeria and since launching MoC Track Club in 2016, our Athletes have won 34 National & 18 International Medals. Many of them who have become National & African Champions & Medallists are on the verge of appearing at their first ever Olympic Games!
Since 2013, Making of Champions’ Media team has done plenty of work to promote the sport of Athletics in Nigeria. Indeed, thanks to the photos, videos & stories published by MoC Media in the past 7 years, Nigerians all over the world have been able to follow the news from our National Teams at several Olympic & Paralympic Games,, World Championships, Commonwealth Games & many other international competitions.
Over 15 million viewers around the world have watched and read MoC’s Athletics videos and stories to date. Today, MoC is looking to add a Sports Videographer to our media team comprising of sports writers, photographers, and social media strategists, who travel across Nigeria and the world to promote Nigerian Athletics globally. We’re seeking a highly driven person looking to forge an exciting career as a Sports Videographer in Nigeria!
Sports Videographer Job Description/Responsibilities
- Shoot & Edit Athletics race and interview videos at Competitions across Nigeria, and publishing of video content across MoC Social Media Platforms (Website, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications and consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Write, edit and review shooting scripts and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Create rough and final cuts, trim footage segments, ensure logical sequencing, edit videos in a way that is invisible to the audience, and input music, subtitles, graphics and effects into videos
- Design a wide range of graphics elements from concept to completion for videos, animations, illustrations, infographics, etc, for use in digital advertising, social media, print media, landing pages, website, emails, business proposals, and other promotional/marketing materials
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Report to CEO or Corporate Partnerships Manager and based in Lagos full-time with frequent travel nationwide to cover domestic events immediately, and travel to international competitions possible within 2-3 years
Sports Videographer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in any field (theatre/visual arts, cinematography or related field preferred)
- At least 2–3 years’ experience with video pre-production, production & post-production including editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Knowledge of field production techniques and standards including planning film videos on set or on location, editing footage for post-production, inserting closed captions, graphics, or other on-screen text & effects
- Relative fitness and stamina to work long hours, proficiency with camera equipment, and readiness to travel at any point needed
- A strong eye for visual composition, demonstrable video & visual design skills with a strong portfolio and ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, audio and video format.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism, effective time management skills to meet tight deadlines, and strong records maintenance and content archiving skills
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design and experience with computer-aided graphics design are advantages
- Deep knowledge of Nigerian Athletics and strong interest in World Athletics and other Sports, as well as strong expertise with Social Media publishing tools (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) are advantages
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Full or Part-time salary negotiable (based on experience)
- All expenses paid trips to cover National Competitions. E.g. in 2021,
- AFN Competitions across Nigeria (Akure, Port-Harcourt, Kaduna, Benin, Abuja, etc)
- National Sports Festival, Edo State
- National Trials for the Olympic Games
- National U20 & U18 Championships
Application & Deadline
- Send your CV, a link to your portfolio & Cover Letterto [email protected], with ‘MoC Videographer’ as email subject – the application deadline is Tuesday January 26th 2021
- Only successful applicants would be contacted – interviews will take place immediately, through the end of January 2021